Report of the Communications Committee Meeting of November 30 2017
- December 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018 – open enrolment window for switching to RTO/ERO group insurance without a medical exam.
- January 24, 2018 – #leadershipshine tweet chat with Jim Grieve and Susan Hopkins
- January 26, 2018 – spring issue and full-year classified ad reservation deadline
- April 6, 2018 – deadline for Renaissance summer 2018 age-friendly living issue
Update member contact information with the provincial office
To improve member communications, districts and members should send all contact information changes to the Membership department, email@example.com, 1-800-361-9888 (toll-free), 416-962-9463 (Toronto). IMPORTANT: Districts are welcome to send updates on behalf of members and do not need to tell members to contact the Provincial Office individually. Watch for a memo from the provincial office with more details.
Send e-communications like a pro by setting up your campaign with the IT Department
Save time, make beautifully designed emails and target specific audiences by setting up custom campaigns through the provincial IT Department. Harnessing the power of our CRM, IT can send e-communications using a variety of criteria, including topic, age, gender and insurance participation. To learn more or set up your first campaign contact Charles Tabone, firstname.lastname@example.org. Two weeks’ notice is required.
Let the Communications Committee know what regional workshops you’d like to see offered.
To best support district communications, the Communications Committee wants your feedback on the types of regional workshops you’d like to see offered in 2018. Whether it is setting up a social media presence or creating a stellar print newsletter, connect with the committee and let them know what you need help with. Let them know whether you prefer in-person or online, how many people from your district are interested in attending and if your district is able to host. To learn more, contact Laurie Fountain, Communications Committee Chair, email@example.com.
District social media managers wanted
Is your district passionate about social media? If the answer is yes, let the Marketing and Communications department know by sending your district name, number and the name of your future social media manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. One-on-one support is available – including resources, in-person or remote training and support on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram. To learn more, contact Susannah Maxcy, email@example.com,
1-800-361-9888 ext 244.
Get a $15 movie gift card when you review RTO/ERO on Facebook
Your feedback is important to us. Before you go to bed tonight, please review RTO/ERO on Facebook to let us know everything we do right and anything we could do better.
How to review RTO/ERO on Facebook
1. Go to www.facebook.com/rto.ero/.
2. Click Reviews on the left side of RTO/ERO’s timeline.
3. Click the stars to choose a rating or write a review.
4. Click Done.
5. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have posted your review. Once your review has been verified, you will receive a confirmation email and be sent a $15 gift card in the mail.
2018 advertising opportunities
Make an impact with over 76,000 retired educators and support staff
RTO/ERO is now accepting 2018 ad submissions. The voice of RTO/ERO’s membership, Renaissance:
- is the only magazine that exclusively targets retired Ontario educators and educational support staff.
- is one of the only publication in Ontario whose entire readership has access to extended health benefits coverage.
- published quarterly in French and English, each issue is every issue is packed with relevant articles and features.
Advertising fast facts:
- Readers spend almost 60 minutes reading Renaissance
- 1 in 4 readers keep Renaissance indefinitely for reference purposes.
- 67% of readers have purchased from Renaissance advertisers
- 89% of readers are likely to recommend Renaissance advertiser to others.
Hurry! Space is limited. Ad reservations: email@example.com.
Renaissance – call for submissions
Summer – age-friendly living
The need for age-friendly communities and programs is definitely growing, as seniors in Canada and all over the world are living longer, fuller and healthier lives. According to Statistics Canada, in the coming decades the proportion of seniors will increase rapidly. Seniors could account for up to 25 per cent of the population by the end of the 2030s. This issue of Renaissance will focus on how to support age-friendly living initiatives. Tell us about the exciting intergenerational programs you are participating in. How are you combatting social isolation? Are you a caregiver for a family member? What caregiving tips can you suggest to others? Do you live in the best seniors’ community in your town? Tell us why it is so amazing.
Perspectives to consider: Why is having an age-friendly environment important to you? Why are intergenerational programs so valuable to you and your community? How do they contribute to your personal well-being?
Deadline: April 6, 2018
Celebrate RTO/ERO’s 50th anniversary in 2018
To celebrate RTO/ERO’s 50th anniversary in 2018, the Provincial Office and local districts are busy planning events, promotional items and communications materials to commemorate this special event. Join the festivities:
- Look for event notices in your district newsletter and on social media
- Read Renaissance magazine and Liaison newsletter
- Follow RTO/ERO on social media for stories, photos and contests. Twitter: @rto_ero. Facebook: @rto.ero